Technical Assistant to the National Healthcare Insurance Authority
Position: Technical Assistant
Reports to: Project Team Lead
Job type: Contract
The main goal of this assignment is to help the NHIA gateway in strengthening its monitoring, learning and evaluation systems, practices and generate evidence-based feedback for program planning and policy formulation. The Technical Assistant will support the M&E officers in managing day-to-day MLE tasks arising at the NHIA office and provide technical support to state teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and thought leadership abilities.
- Results-oriented performer, experienced in developing and tracking project progress/performance with clear KPIs. Ability to complete a high volume of tasks with little or no guidance.
- Ability to conduct data analysis and develop reports and proposals.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to tasks, situations, and events that require a quick response with minimal guidance.
- Able to maintain high integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Highly resourceful team player, able to be extremely effective independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Support review and strengthening of the NHIA Gateway M&E framework and monitor its implementation.
- Develop and manage an up-to-date database for M&E activities, participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Support development and implementation of the M&E activity work plan
- Provide weekly updates and report to the PRSD and ISD on all activities and tasks. Support in the development of reporting template and discussion documents for the NHIA gateway and monitor its implementation.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation, especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead
- Keenly track project progress through standardized methodologies
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports, quarterly and annual M&E programmatic report, .and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support in capacity building and mentorship to staff on M&E.
- Participate in the Sydani problem-solving, ideation, and capacity-building sessions.
- Participate in Sydani’s periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members for performance improvement as applicable.
- Attend relevant local seminars, workshops, conferences, etc
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (First class or second-class upper) with at least two years of professional experience in a similar/related role.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with project management, research, business proposals, implementation, and management consulting.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexibility to travel (local) at short notice based on work schedule and assignments.
This support will span for an initial period of 1 year with extension based on the demands of the grant.
On-site Support: 4 days per week* (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Fridays)
Sydani Towers: 1 day per week (Thursdays)
What we offer
Sydani offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, competitive compensation, generous bonuses, rapid career growth, and the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned consultants and an ever-expanding network of industry experts.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated Technical Assistant to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. As such, compensation for this role is competitive. The starting salary will correspond to the candidate’s experience and skill set.