Communications and Social Media Lead.
Role Summary: The communications and social media lead will drive all of Sydani’s internal and external communications efforts, coordinate and represent the firm in promotional events, develop and disseminate content for marketing and publicity and respond to inquiries from the public and media.
Reports to: Communications and Social Media Manager.
Job type: Full time
Travel time: Less than 20%
This role requires overseeing the communications efforts of the organization, including public relations and marketing across all of Sydani’s communication platforms including the company website and social media channels. The candidate will be required to conduct market research to understand clients’ needs and preferences, communicate with media personnel, implement communication policies and procedures to uphold the company’s brand image, oversee press relations and improve brand visibility and reputation. The individual must be a critical and analytical thinker.
- Regularly update the company website with appealing content
- Design/curate and disseminate distinct types of content across all communication channels to improve brand visibility and reputation
- Create and produce internal newsletters for the organization.
- Manage the company’s or organization’s social media communications.
- Oversee press relations communications.
- Track analytics to glean insights and refine communications strategy to improve performance
- Maintain an archive of the company’s digital media including photos and videos
- Participate in the problem-solving, ideation, and capacity building sessions including new staff onboarding and staff mentoring programs
- Participate in periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members for performance improvement as applicable.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (first-class or second-class upper) in communications, social and digital media, marketing and advertising, public relations, or similar fields is essential. A master’s degree is desirable.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in any of the communications fields. Experience as a social media handler in a management consulting firm, or in the development sector is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in digital marketing and content creation. Samples of work will be required as evidence.
- Experience with diverse print and online media technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamworking, and networking skills
- The ability to plan, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we offer
Sydani offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, competitive compensation, generous bonuses, rapid career growth, and the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned consultants and an ever-expanding network of industry experts. These positions offer the opportunity for highly motivated individuals to assume pivotal roles in the evolution of a fast-growing and highly respected organization. As such, compensation is competitive. The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience.