Business Development Lead
Role Summary: The Business Development Lead will be responsible for identifying business growth opportunities and developing strategies to increase company output and achieve company-set goals.
Reports to: Senior Management
Job type: Full time
Travel time: Less than 40%
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness with a minimum of 5 years’ of progressive business development experience working with international donors or implementing partners (USAID, BMGF, JSI, HSDF, Solina etc.). Experience with government agencies and parastatals in a business development/grants management position can be considered.
• Identify and source for innovative and impactful projects/programs in line with Sydani’s objectives and goals
• Engage C-level decision-makers at conferences, forums and meetings to build strategic relationships
• Forge MOUs and partnerships with similar organizations to execute projects or programs
• Lead market penetration activities into new countries in the Eastern/Western Africa region
• Coordinate responses to RFPs and RFQs from government and international donor agencies
• Lead negotiations and discussions with government stakeholders to ensure project continuity and expansion
• Develop frameworks, approaches, and procedures to enhance the efficiency of business development support processes
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and competencies
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
• Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from an internationally renowned university is desirable
• Membership of a professional body is an added advantage
• Have evidence of actual proposals/grants developed, led, and won (combined minimum of $1m)
• Have led a business expansion into other countries preferably in West and East Africa
• Possess a deep understanding of the business landscape and market entry requirements in West and/or East African countries
• Possess advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Understand data and market research tools including Bloomberg, BMI etc.
• Be exceptional at networking, presentation and strategic communications
• Demonstrate business intelligence skills evidenced by longstanding contacts in government, partners locally and internationally.
What we offer
Sydani offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, competitive compensation, generous bonuses, rapid career growth, and the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned consultants and an ever-expanding network of industry experts. These positions offer the opportunity for highly motivated individuals to assume pivotal roles in the evolution of a fast-growing and highly respected organization. As such, compensation is competitive. The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Mode of application
The CV must include the email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional referees who can speak to your work ethics and capabilities.